This is the list of documentation that members must provide to be registered with the Newfoundland and Labrador Council of Health Professionals.
For the first time registration (not necessary for renewal)
1. Government issued photo identification (i.e. copy of passport, drivers license, etc.)
2. Certificate of conduct and consent for criminal record and vulnerable sector check (RNC http://www.rnc.gov.nl.ca under forms and documentation or RCMP http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm whomever is the policing agency in your area)
3. If not a Canadian citizen provide documentation to support your eligibility to work in Canada.
4. Proof of employment. (Letter from your employer) If you graduated more than 4 years ago you must show proof that you have worked at least 750 hours in the last 4 years
5. Notarized copy of diploma/ certificate of graduation from an accredited program
6. Notarized copy of successful completion of your CTCMPANL Acupuncture Registration Exam or, if a new graduate, that you have applied to challenge the exam
7. Show proof of Professional liability insurance (minimum of 1 million)
8. Proof of current First/Aid and CPR (Health Care Professional)
9. Successful completion of Clean Needle Technique Course
Please send cheque or money order, payable to NLCHP
Newfoundland and Labrador Council of Health Professionals
250 LeMarchant Road,
PO Box 26118 St. John’s, NL,